“BAKE has turned what could have been a grotty stretch of sand into a stylish community of sun-worshippers.” Timeout ( 2nd March 2011)
If you fancy some real chill out time, head to Abu Dhabi’s two kilometer public beach parallel to the Corniche. Opened in the summer of 2008, it provides a huge stretch of sand and calm waters along with amenities such as food & beverage and retail outlets, changing facilities, toilets and children play areas.
For those after some action, have a session of beach volleyball or partake in the numerous water sport activities such as parasailing, kayaking, waterskiing and much more. If you just want to relax, the beach has pretty walkways and scenic gardens, the perfect way to spend a warm afternoon.
Bake operates three areas on Abu Dhabi Beaches Corniche offering 600 beach sun loungers and 27 cabanas:
- Al Sahil Beach – for singles, groups and bachelors
- Family Beach Gate 2 – Families and quiet zone
- Family Beach Gate 3 – Families and children zone
BAKE beaches at the Corniche are hang outs by the sea, with a lifestyle concept of sun bathing, lounging, meeting friends, yoga – in short, everything to satisfy body, mind and soul. On certain occasions DJ´s spin guests into a smooth state of mind from early afternoon until early evening while guests enjoy the sun.
- 600 Sun loungers on the beach spread over 3 locations.
- 3 beach locations including two family zones and one mixed zone.
- 27 cabanas in two family zones.
- Towel rental service (AED 10 per towel).
- Showers and changing rooms.
- 2 BAKE beach shops (near Gate 2 and Gate 6) offering a wide range of beach related products.
- Opening hours: 8AM – 8PM.
- Lifeguards are on duty from 8am – sunset.
- Entrance to the beach is AED 10 per adult and AED 5 for children under 12 (no pets allowed). Children under 5 is free.
- BAKE sun lounger – AED 25 per adult.
- Over 3,000 car parking spaces within 5 minutes of beach access (shuttle bus service available).